Pause Breathe Smile provides professional learning and development in three parts.
This hauora training is for teachers to implement the evidence-based programme in the classroom.
Pause Breathe Smile in Schools
Pause Breathe Smile aligns nicely with a school’s health and wellbeing curriculum. Schools develop the key competencies while meeting curriculum achievement objectives in Health, Social Sciences and Science learning areas. Pause Breathe Smile develops positive mind health skills that will support young people to be confident and connected, actively involved, life-long learners.
Part 1: Breathe online mindfulness
- Comprehensive introduction to mindfulness
- Designed to help reduce participants stress and burn-out and boost overall wellbeing
- Online video sessions: self-paced, access 24/7
- Each video lesson can be reviewed anytime for up to six months
- Expert instruction with guided practices
- Understand the key concepts of mindfulness before teaching Pause Breathe Smile
Part 2: Teacher Only Day Workshop
- Receive your copy of the Pause Breathe Smile Educator’s handbook of lesson plans, a thorough peer-reviewed resource.
- Expert mindfulness trainers lead participants through practical exercises
- Overview of lesson plans including sample scripts and classroom activities
- Each Pause Breathe Smile lesson is aligned to the NZC and incorporates Te Whare Tapa Wha
- Workshop can be delivered in-house at your school by arrangement
Part 3: Online Resources
- Unlimited access to high-quality Pause Breathe Smile print, audio & video classroom resources
- Pause Breathe Smile tutorial videos: practical instruction on lesson delivery
- Teacher’s evaluation tools
- Professionally recorded classroom guided practices
- Student’s learning journals
- Guided practices for staff personal practice
- Supporting documentation, research & evidence that informs Pause Breathe Smile
- Mindful movement videos
- New content added regularly
Terms & Conditions
Pause Breathe Smile professional learning and development is now fully funded for all Year 0- 8 teachers nationwide. Thanks to Southern Cross, eligible schools will be able to book their whole-school training for free. Agreement to the terms and conditions is required to be eligible for funding.
Download the full terms and conditions